06 December 2008

I Take it Back!

Dear San Francisco,

I'm sorry. I take it all back. I saw Milk last night and I miss you. I miss the crazies, the activists, the wackos, the rainbows.
Sean Penn and James Franco were great and but Diego Luna really stole the show as Jack Lima far as I'm concerned. To die for. Seriously Diegito, call me. Llamame, tomamos algo..
There was a shot of the Excelsior district right before Dan White was introduced. Did you catch it? All the tiny colorful yet dingy houses lined up on a hill? That's my hood! Though it's no longer conservative, its all Italian seniors and immigrant families now.
Hot guys aside I think Milk is probably my favorite Harvey Milk biopic, though I do think the guy from Wings made a hotter Dan White in Execution of Justice (1999). Did you miss that one? Peter Coyote plays Harvey Milk!

Semi-related: I found this set of photos of the Castro during the shooting of Milk. I love when they dress up my city to look like it's from another era. I once stumbled upon a fake BART station in Duboce Park that was built for the film The Pursuit of Happyness, see it here.

Take care. See you in a couple weeks.

Love,
Leti

No comments: