17 November 2009

Life Without Zoe


I've been meaning to post about Life Without Zoe forever but I lagged and Nylon beat me to it with a whole inspiration fashion page. (scans anyone? I can't find it online.
The short film, which is part of the 1989 trilogy New York Stories (the other two films are by Woody Allen and Martin Scorcese) was written by Sofia Coppola when she was 15.It's about a ridiculous neglected rich girl and her fabulous but sorta sad life. I remember my parents were watching it and then called me into the room because they knew I would appreciate that there was a little girl my age wearing Chanel.

I DID.
I made my grandma make me a psuedo-chanel skirt suit in pink and red with gold buttons. Sometimes I wore the jacket with jeans... But enough about me (I WAS SO COOL).
Lets fully appreciate the outfit her butler is laying out for her.
YES ripped jeans and ballet flats.
She goes to an epic party.


1 comment:

blitch said...

ooh i just saw this movie yesterday eve! i kind of loved zoe haha. she was so graceful, yet so young.